Pipeline & Environmental Emergency
How You Should Respond to And Report a Pipeline Emergency
The following guidelines are designed to ensure your safety and the safety of those in the area if a crude oil pipeline leak is suspected or detected.
- Leave the area immediately, moving upwind of the product release.
- DO NOT breathe the released product or make contact with the product or pipeline components.
- DO NOT create any sparks with matches, lighters, switches, battery powered devices, etc.
- DO NOT drive a vehicle near the area of the release.
- After moving away from the location of the oil release, call CP Energy’s emergency number at 800-633-8253 and notify emergency response personnel by calling 911.
- DO NOT operate any pipeline valves. Leave all valve operation to pipeline company personnel.
- DO NOT put out any fires that are burning at the pipeline.